11.01.2012

The season of rain/ AKB and food

June 8, 2012
June, is the season of rain.
It rains almost 80% of the month (Source: Me)
And I hate it but things got a lot better when I noticed that there are lots of beautiful plants and flowers that were blooming around the area.
I got a nice pair of new rain boots as well.

My favourite plant is Hydangrea. 
Hydangrea is a June flower and in Japan you will see blue flowers but in Canada you will only see pink. This is because the alcaline level in the soil is very different in the two countries.

--------------

I had some lunch at a japanese type restaurant near our school.
I usually go at dinner time so the menu was totally different!

--------

I think I made a post about AKB before but there was the huge AKB ranking ceremony on the tv in June so ppl at work decided to watch it together.
I think this only happens once every year so I think it was a big deal.

We just ranked the girls ourselves. It was fun.

And since I was staying pretty late they offered me some dinner :D

A bento box woot woot!


--------

I ate this at a chain store called Ootoya! Very cheap but you can eat homemade style japanese food.


-------------

Some of my older friends took out me to a nice lunch in Ginza.
It is called a Kushi-katsuya which offers skewered veggies and meat and you deep fry it.
You can't pick what you want to eat. You just tell them your allergy and how many sticks you would like to order.

This is one of the first two sticks I got!

These plates have different sauces you can use. 
From the left: Salt/Pepper, miso sauce, sesame or mustard sauce, hot sauce.
I dont really remember haha.
And you have pickles on the side.
The veggie sticks at the back can be used to just dip in these sauces as well and eat up.

You can even get rice and miso soup as well.

Look at the cute stands for the umbrella!!

We then went to a pie store which is called quil-fait-bon.
http://www.quil-fait-bon.com/
They have many many types of pie!
Above is tomato/strawberry pie.

This is summer fruit pie!

This is mango banana pineapple pie!

It was raining that day as well and I stabbed someone in the arm by accident when I was trying to open my umbrella but it was a very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment