1.06.2012

Christmas in Japan


Christmas in Japan is a bigggg deal in a different way from the western culture.

In Japan its a day for couples and its not a day for families to pray and talk about Jesus Christ like in Canada and Europe. 
It's understandable since a lot of the people in Japan are not Christians and a lot of people still have work on the 24th and 25th. Unbelievable in western standards but Japanese people do it.

So what did I do?
I spent it with friends. 
Since I dont have my family here and I dont have the special "someone" to celebrate it with. lol

It was an interesting Christmas. Different from all the others I spent in my whole life because there was no snow and I didn't have a christmas tree at my place. 
And most of all I didn't have eggnog this year.

Instead of turkey and nice cup of wine I had some grilled/BBQ beef and pork and chicken.
This is called "Yakiniku" in Japan.

Mhmm good.


Cooked some German Christmas dinner with my roommate (Main Chef) and friends for the christmas party.
Above is cabbage.

Onions



Spice

Boil some potatoes.
And mash them to make some potato dumplings.


And created holes in apples to stuff them with marzipan.

This was our res lounge where we had the Christmas Party.

And tuh duh- our wonderful Christmas Dinner!


And dessert.
All the food was amazingly delicious!


I also had another Yakiniku Christmas party with some other friends.

Grill grill.

Some Swedish hot wine with raisins and almond. 
Very strong but good.

Yakisoba to mix everything up.

Christmas cake my friend bought so he can eat it by himself but I ate most of it. Sorry! lol

And chocolates.

Played some game.

And some ramen. 
Ramen fits every season and holiday.

Another train track scenery.


I also received few Christmas presents from people.

Thank you!

I wish everyone a very belated Merry Christmas :D
I hope you all had an awesome holiday.

2 comments:

  1. food looks good. glad you had a good holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Anonymous

    Ahh- I missed this post! Thank you~
    My Christmas was indeed amazing!
    Definitely different from the ones I had in canada.

    ReplyDelete