1.24.2012

Hiroshima Trip. Day:2 尾道 Onomichi

I am back! 
It's spring beak time in Japan because the school year has endedl!
I will have no school whatsoever until the beginning of April and will promise you I will update as much as I can.

So to start off lets continue from the hiroshima trip I went last year.. haha

---------

I went to Onomichi which is a town where its known for all the legendary writers in Japan and its also known for the beautiful scenery of the sea and the town. 




And ramen!


My first time lining up this much 

to eat this. The price was approx 9 bucks.
Very good! Not to heavy like the pork base ramens.


Below are the pictures I took at Onomichi.
We spent the whole day there just walking around enjoying the scenery.



The sign says "No dogs are allowed to pee on this pole" 
I say this sign is even nastier then dogs actually peeing on this pole. 

Let's go up the mountain!




Many things look very retro because of the history of the town.






I enjoyed these houses that looks like no one has lived for several years.





And up and up we go.


Until we reached the top.

It was cloudy at first but the sun started to shine :)



Really... rirakuma shrine things.. lol sanrio is taking over the world!


Many temples up on the mountain.




I really enjoyed looking at the cars travelling on the ground from up on the top.

And because this town is full of awesome historic writers, we decided to write a Haiku (Papers were left in these box for tourists to write). Haiku is a japanese poem. 

This is our wonderful poem. If you understand Japanese you can tell how stupid we are.

Very nice gondola.








And we took the gondola down the mountain.

This is a cemetery.
Japanese cemetery is full of human ash. We do not bury the whole body in the ground.

I love wood textures :)


We also walked on the cat street.





We decided after getting down from the mountain to go to the sea side.

Shell fish that we can eat if we grill it.

Very pretty sunset.

And after we got back from onomichi, my friend's parent made us some aweeesome/best dinner I had in a while.

They had full course meal ready for us.
Starting will be hot pot.

The typical hotpot ingreidents. 

And this hotpot again had my favourite oysters in it!!

Hotpot is truly the best food to eat during the winter time.

This is sesame tofu. Very smooth and a very good appetizer.

With the tofu we also has some homemade smoke cheese!

And some homemade wine.

And homemade beer! It was very very tasty!

And the beer poured into the cup!

Salad!

This is fish rice. It also has some vegetables in it too!

Also some awesome lotus tempura.

This is mix vegetables tempura!

And after dinner we had some tea.

With some sweet potato japanese dessert called "emo youkoan"
haha emo-

We then played scrabble until it turned to 10pm so we can go out into the city side of Hiroshima at midnight :D

We first visited the illumination the town had.






We then met up with my friend's highschool friend to have some dessert and tea!
I had some green tea cake.

And my friend had some cheesecake.

A cute ash tray.

We then went to an all night karaoke.
Look at this vending machine. It pours all ur drinks into the cups. It's all you can drink as well!

The karaoke machine.

After all the event we went back home and talked under the kotatsu and slept....


-------

3rd and last day in Hiroshima was also an amazing day with amazing meetings and amazing food.

My friend made some home made pizza for my friend's local friends who came by to visit us.


Ha!! Looks so tasty! It was tasty!

This homemade lemon cake was also very soft and moist!

And some pino! (Its small icecream coated with chocolate)

I probably gained like 2pounds with one meal.


And on that night we went to go visit my friend's childhood friends.



My friend and I made some ichigo daifuku at the friends house.
Ichigo daifuku is strawberry with redbean paste surrounded by sticky rice!

These are the ingredients.

This is the sticky rice.



We then have the red bean paste wrapped around the strawberry.

This is the sticky rice with powder.


Very hot but we have to act fast!

And this is the end product! The best japanese dessert!

A very fast and easy way to make a wonderful dessert.
Definitely going to repeat this! Thank you M chan!

For dinner we had some beer and japanese wine and lots and lots of food.

Hot pot!

Curry hot pot!

After becoming a little drunk we played some drawing games.

And the owner of the house wrote me a very beautiful calligraphy to take home.
Let's just ignore the content of the poem though. :p
( It's the same poem as the one we wrote at onomichi)

I really would like to thank everyone who took care of me in Hiroshima. 
Everyone treated me like I was their family and spent a lot of time and effort to make my time there the best. There were many tears and sadness at the end but I will not forget my experience in Hiroshima!

I ♥広島HIROSHIMA

本当にこんな私を迎えてくれてありがとうございました。
感謝の気持ちでいっぱいです。
またいつかお会い出来ることを祈ってます!

4 comments:

  1. 尾道の景色の写真、どれもすっごいいいじゃ〜ん。
    すごく行ってみたくなったよ〜

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>スヌコ

    わーありがとうございます!
    頑張って撮りまくりました!
    いまさらなコメントで申し訳ないです。
    スヌコさんのためにもブログもっと頑張ります・・さぼらないようにします・・・

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great trip!
    Someday I also want to try making Daihuku^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Kahori
    The daifuku making was really easy! It only maybe took around 30 min :D

    ReplyDelete