7.12.2012

I lost 20 pounds (9kg) eating this!



So this is going to be my food post for April.
I actually lost 20 pounds since I came to Japan.
Why?

I think its because the food here is so little in portion and it comes one by one making me full.
The food in Japan also doesnt use that much oil compared to the food in Canada as well.
And because I am so poor I eat tofu and bean sprouts at home everyday.. lol

This is a restaurant specializing in green onion.



My first drink (not beer!) Japanese soda with vodka.

Onion salad.

Green onion dumplings

Green onion and tofu.

Green onion pancake.

Grilled green onions.

Green onion okonomiyaki.

Green onion soup.

Green onion/pork rice.

Surprisingly my mouth didn't stink and it was very tasty!!!


----


This is a newspaper vending machine.

A cool signage.

My friends took me to a curry store.




What is so great about this curry store is that its the first store to put these fried pork cutlet with curry.

I must say this is one of my favourite food in Japan!

A stationary store in the middle of no where. Its like a secret spot for all stationary lovers.

There was also a little temple as well.

------

I visited a Japanese tea store in GINZA.


This paint thing is tea as well. The texture is like paint (I've never eaten paint before..)
and its very thick and bitter. But I like it!

A snack to go with the tea.


The washroom at this store was cool so I took few pictures.
You wash your hands here.

Toilet.

It took me 5 min to figure out how to frikin open this door.
You have to slide the bar to the left then up and then right and then down.
Too confusing.

And you get maybe one or two more tea after this as well.

The art of tea in Japan is very deep.

----------

I went drinking with one of my favourite senpai at night.
We had few food and lots of drinks :)



This is good icecream!


I had two icecreams!

I really can't living in this country because of all these food.

4 comments:

  1. Never considered green onion as a main food item. The onion salad is a little too much for me to bear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The onion salad doesn't taste like onion at all though! :D Maybe i should tell u the recipe for it next time!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, green onion restaurant? That would be a place I'd avoid going to in Japan. =P

    Everything else looks really yummy though. I can't believe it's actually easy to lose weight like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Jenny you don't like onions? :D

      I think its the lifestyle I have here which makes me loose weight!

      Delete