7.05.2012

Hanami. "Flower Watching"


April 8th 2012,

On a sunny spring day, my zemi and friends had our "Hanami".

What is hanami? you may ask.

Hanami comes from the word "flower" and "look". 
As the word explains we look at the sakura blossoms and enjoy the season.
We usually sit under the trees and eat and drink.



People wake up real early in the morning and mark their territory. (Some people are there from 5!)



The flowers were pretty much fully bloomed.




People brought in foods for the party. I brought tons of snack.





It's legal to drink outside in Japan.





Some of the zemi students and I also played with my teachers kids.





Too many people in one place. There are more people than sakura trees...


Took a walk around the park.


We took pictures around the area.




My prof and senpai talking.
We used this hanami time to mingle with each other. I still haven't talked to most of the 3rd years at this point so it was a good chance.














This park is huge. (Tamagawa river park) Didn't think they will have areas like this.














After a long day at the park (I was there from 10~5pm) we all said bye to each other at the station. 
I really like hanami. I'm going to do this in high park when I go back to Toronto!


-----

Some of my friends and I got back together later on that night though because we were still hungry.

4 ppl drank and ate together!



Sorry for the blurry and dark pictures. (I think I was tired from the night before. I haven't slept from the drinking party... Look at the previous post!)




No comments:

Post a Comment