4.03.2012

At my grandma's place

After visiting Arashiyama with my roommate we went to Osaka to visit my Grandma and to sleepover at my grandma's place.
We went to the super market near the house to have a huge feast!

I've noticed veggies and fruits in the super market looks perfect. Any veggies that looks kind of odd will not go out in the public.

This is poisonous blowfish.


We then had some canadian snacks at the house.

The dinner of the night was my favourite fried shrimp/oysters and sashimi :D

I also had dried homemade persimmon. Tasty.

And after having some rest we started to make some madeleine for dessert.


We first make sure there are no clumps in the flour and sesame powder.

Sugar.

Egg yolk. (Japanese yolk is super yellow. I dont know why)

Whip some of the egg white.


And mixed everything together.

And baked it in the oven.


Yayy- such an easy sweet to make! 

I then packed it in a nice package to give it out as late valentine gifts to friends :D


This is a crab meat porridge I had the next morning. 

I can't thank my grandma enough for welcoming us with such great food and hospitality!

4 comments:

  1. i don't know why but your madelein-making made me think of cooking mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>Meg C
    That's because it's my grandma's recipe and it's also because I'm like a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did mine get lost in the mail or something? I didn't receive one yet! LOL.

    You'll have to teach me how to make okayu one day. It's much different than the congee Chinese people eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Jenny

    Haha I think it did get lost!!

    I agree japanese okayu is completely different from chinese ones.
    And as for this one in the blog its called ojiya. It's also a little bit different okayu.

    ReplyDelete