4.19.2012

Weird Japanese Foods


After coming back from Fukuoka I went out almost everyday eating food I've never eaten before. 
Above is called an "Otoushi".
Otoushi is a food that you automatically get if u get seated in any Japanese style bars.
You have to pay for it and its usually not that good.
I say it's like bread you get at Italian restaurants. 

Sashimi of some fish.



It starts to get weird around here.
This is pork liver on a stick.
I am not a huge fan of liver. 

This is liver sashimi. You eat it with salt and sesame oil.

This is pork with green onions on a stick. Tasty!

Tomato. This was probably like $4. 

Some korean appetizers. 

And this is probably the most disgusting food I've ever had in my life.
Pork Brain sashimi.
It's nasty that it's brain but its even more nastier that its raw.




Meat patty.

We had several shots of sake as well.

Yum yum.

I really enjoy rice wine.


They might all look similar because its clear and white but you can taste the difference.



This was salty miso soup with unwanted parts of fish like a fish head.


And this is salty anchovy lettuce.

We then moved to a wine bar.

1st wine.

We again had another "otoushi". Seafood soup.

Dried fruits. Maybe like $9 for all just this. HAHA.

2nd wine.

3rd wine.

And in between this we moved to another place but I got a little bit drunk and forgot to take pictures. I also lost my wallet and had to go look for it but I found it at the end so no worries!

We then moved to our friend's house.
At his house he had cup noodle with Keio university design printed on it!


Awesome. Where can I get one?


And this is a special edition cup noodle robot that lets you know when 3 min has passed!

My friend was still hungry so we put spaghetti sauce into cooked rice and made rice balls.

Looks good?


This one was good!


--------------



We walked through ebisu garden place the next morning.


It was my first time walking around this area.



I think ebisu garden place is used in many dramas (Hana yori dango?)



It was also my first time eating at freshness burger which is a chain burger store.
It's little bit classier than mcdonalds. Some what like Harvey's in canada. 


----------

My first time in Jiyugaoka.
Jiyugaoka is actually very close to my place in Hiyoshi and it's known as a very nice place to shop for clothes, accessories, and housing decorations.

Everything here is very cute and well decorated. 




Although my friend and I went to a very nice area, at the end we chose to eat at an All-you-can-eat place. I guess this is what happens if you come with someone like me who didn't eat anything since the morning.


pizza! 
Japanese pizza is mad expensive so I tried to eat as much as I can at this restaurant.


eggplant pasta.


shrimp mayonnaise pizza.

cream pasta.

You break the yolk.

Half pizza.

Half pizza.

We had maybe several more pizzas after this but got lost track.

Yum yum.
I am definitely gaining weight again.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment