9.14.2012

Solar eclipse



On May 21st I saw my first ever solar eclipse in Tokyo.

I took these pictures with the help of this↓

These are special sunglasses our resident assistant lent us to look at the sun.
It was one of the most exciting picture moments I had in Japan.

Everything went by pretty fast and because it was pretty cloudy outside the sun appeared and disappeared. 




The ring was very mysterious and magical.



We had many foreign exchange students outside our res looking at the sun (I believe this was early in the morning)



Even my students at work (I teach english) saw the solar eclipse as well.
I think it was an exciting event for many Japanese.

Next time you will be able to see this in Japan is 2019.
I was very lucky to see it this year!









No comments:

Post a Comment