5.11.2012

Day1 in Thai: Meeting a friend and eating.

My first ever adventure starts at the Thai train station.

With the help of the english signs I successfully go on the right train.

I've never seen a train that is covered with advertisement.



You have to pay for a card to go in and outside of the station.

So I have reached Siam station to meet a American-Thai friend who I met in Japan. 


I'm not sure if security was everywhere because of the bombing that happened in Thai but we have to go through this gate when entering the shopping mall.

Siam station is one of the main station in Bangkok where the shopping malls and young people gather. As explained by my friend, its like a shibuya in Thai.







They have Daiso in Thai! (Daiso is a 100yen shop)


Manga stores exist in Thai as well.

Other than shopping malls they have places where stores gather around one area. Some places have roofs like this other places looks more like a market.


This is a tuk tuk which is cheaper than taxi but little bit more expensive than a bike. 
I ended up not having time and the language skill to go on this tuk tuk.

MBK is also a huge shopping mall that has many many cheap stores!

It was probably the best season to visit Thai. It wasn't the hottest weather (28 degrees) and it also wasn't rainy either. 

Everything is so colourful in Thai!


What I also noticed is that they have many Japanese related stores like this Tokyu.

Also restaurants. (You can probably find a Japanese restaurant wherever you go)

But being in Thai, I obviously don't want to eat Japanese food, so my friend took me to a food court in MBK.
In Thai food courts you pay before hand to receive these coupons.

And you go around the food court to pick your food.

Once you pick your food they cook it for you and you exchange your coupon with your food.


I ate some fried clams (40 baht which is like $1.5)

and steamed chicken. also $1.5. SO CHEAP.

This is how the food court looks like.

This is our drinks! probably like a $1.5

Look at the amount of food.

I also got a very very spicy soup along with my lunch.

After being full with good thai food we decided to go out in the market to do more shopping.


HANAKO haha.

There are very cute accessory stores everywhere in Thai. 
This one was $3 for any ring you want. 


My friend (the one with the green pants) was really helpful trying to take me around to as many places as she can!



We also went inside one of the more expensive malls in Bangkok as well.
Look at the high school students!

There are constructions everywhere. You can really tell that this place was still in the stage of developing.


Yamazaki bread store (Japanese bread company) is everywhere in Japan.


I then went back to meet my mom who just arrived from Japan on another plane.


Our family friend then took us to a famous restaurant called nara.

SINGHA beer. It was really good. Perfect for the hot weather in Thai.

From here is the medley of very delicious thai food. But I dont remember most of the names. haha 
This is deep fried fish and you put on some sour sauce.



This is called poo-pan-pon-curry I think...
It's crabs and eggs and curry.

This is the famous Tom yum Kung. It's a sour seafood soup. My favourite!

Fried shrimp!

And this is our dessert.

You can mix and match whatever you want. I really enjoyed the green jelly. 
When you come to south east asia you notice you probably haven't ate half of the fruits that exist in the world!

And after being super full, my mom, her friend, and I went to go get some foot massage and foot care. Probably the best foot massage I ever got because I slept the whole way through. 

Went back home and went to bed in few seconds because I was so tired from all the fun I had in one day :)



2 comments: