6.28.2012

Karaoke. Dumplings. Maid Cafe.




A Typhoon hit Japan on April 3rd 2012.
But I had the day off from work and school and so did my friend so we decided to go to karaoke and stay inside.

Karaoke in Japan is very cheap in the day time. It's usually about a buck per hour during the day time but once it hits 6pm the price usually goes up to about $5 per hour.

My friend was from Hong Kong so she sang in Chinese/Cantonese and I sang Japanese and English songs.

Stayed in the karaoke room for maybe 5 hours?
I can stay for longer.
--------------        ------------

Maybe a day after that my friend from another school came by house suddenly to see me.

All I could get ready for my unexpected guest was fried noodles

and dumplings. Sorry A chan! I hope u had fun at my place though!

---------        ---------

I went to dinner with my friends and their parents in Ginza the next day.
An all you can eat buffet! The dad showed me this special liquid supplement? he puts in his alcohol to make him not drunk. Few drops in your drink will break apart the cause of drunkenness. It's natural and looks like its a good buy! (It's pretty expensive though)

---------          ---------

And so school started in early April. (Finally!)

After class few of my friends and I decided to visit Akihabara to go to a Maid cafe.

Walking around Akiahabara to find our maids.






------

Finally found one!
This is our membership card we got from a store called maidreamin.
We are not allowed to take any pictures inside but let me explain how everything works.

1. You first go into the store and you pick your seat
(There are different pricing for each seat. We picked the cheapest seat which is 500yen /$6 charge per person) 
2. After you seat the maid asks you if its your first time or not.
3. Since it was our first time we had to think of a group name and we had to do the welcome ceremony. The welcome ceremony includes some spell singing thing with fake candles. We couldn't stop enjoying this place from here.
4. We then ordered cutely decorated parfaits. It was so damn cute with all these cute animal face drawn on our food.
5. Then the maids suddenly gathered and had a performance on the stage.
They lip-synched and danced on the mini stage.
The dance was crazy. Very acrobatic and energetic. You probably won't imagine something like this from the looks of these cute maids.
6. After paying lots and lots of money you then do the closing ceremony.

Overall, I really enjoyed the visit because the maids were veryyyyyy cute. It's not really about their face or the looks. It's just how they act is incredibly adorable.
The whole experience was great and I think this is a MUST DO if ure ever in Japan.

Maidreamin is a chain restaurant and they have few maid cafes in Akiahabara, shibuya, and shinjuku.

This is the stamp card we received.

--------

We then moved to a game centre.


What I noticed is that all these games come with the wet tissues.


I first couldn't understand why but its probably because some these games you actually grab onto the machine and its not sanitary. Amazed by the service!

At the end my friends and I took some pictures with the purikura while wearing anime costumes (cosplay) which I rather not show the whole world by putting it here. :)



2 comments: