2.08.2012

Goodbye dinners with Teachers



Japanese school year starts in April
and ends in March.

Well technically Japanese school year for University ends in January.
Which means lots of end of the year parties with your classmates and teachers!

And many of my classes were in english which means not many people were in it.
Only several Japanese students enrol in those courses and maybe 5-10 english speaking exchange students are in it.
Some of my classes had only me and another girl.

So we had a very small goodbye parties at Japanese Bars called
Izakaya (An izakaya (居酒屋) is a type oJapanese drinking establishment which also serves food to accompany the drinks. They are popular, casual places for after-work drinking.)


We went to an Izakaya near by our school.
This is chicken on a stick with egg yolk!
A picture with lots of impact but it was very delicious! $3 per stick.

This is pan fried gyoza $3.



Fried Oyster. $3 for the whole plate.

Our food table. Actually most of the food on this table was $3 per plate or $3 per stick.

My kiwi sour. It was reallly good.

The after of squeezed Kiwi!

My tangerine sour!


This is Makgeoli which is a Korean rice wine. Kind of sweet and very easy to drink!


This was with my Nationalism class and we had a very nice talk and a fun time.

--------

I went to another goodbye party with all girls and a women teacher to a very tasty pizza restaurant because I was heavily craving for pizza and everyone was nice enough to listen to what I had to say.

Menu!

Our anchovy salad.

Yum yum.

Pesto sauce and grilled vegetables.

This is a vietnam souvenir my friend gave to me! Very cuttte~

PIZZA (Sorry I am really bad with long italian names)!

PIZZA!

PIZZA!

PIZZA!

DESSERT! (Tiramisu, apple pie, and chocolat fondant)

Cafe Latte!

Although I didn't have goodbye parties with some of the other teachers, every teacher was very nice and caring. Many of them wished me good luck with rest of my studies and wanted to keep in touch.
I guess compared to the big lecture type of classes we have in Canada the small classes I had at Keio was very interesting and fun (Note: Most of the classes at Keio are conducted in big lecture classes though. I just happened to be in the odd ones haha)


-----------
And so its officially spring break now so I've been cleaning my room, going out with my friends, and skyping a lot with my parents.

Well mostly with my dog.

Below is my dog COCO
and we skype a lot.

She never answers to me when I call her.
She never looks into the camera but I enjoy skyping with her a lot!

Coco running outside.

My lovely snow garden ( I really miss snow)

Coco watching TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment