2.19.2012

Krispy Kreme in Japan and cool places I found in Tokyo.


Ta-da- this is one of the lunch? no I think it was dinner I had one day.
The restaurant specialized in gyu-tan (oxe tongue) but it was a bit expensive for me and I chose to eat grilled pork something. The price was aprox $9. So many Japanese restaurants have these sets that has rice veggies and some type of meat, which I think is very healthy menu.

--------


When I got off at shibuya station one day I noticed all the ads looked similar.
If anyone who reads or sees manga/anime would know what series these ads came from.

It's bunch of one piece ads.
One piece is one of the most famous comics in Japan.
Even if ure not a geek or otaku, it is marketed towards the whole population.

This is the other side.
By the way these ads just advertises that one volume is coming out. geez-


------

I also went to Krispy Kreme for my first time in Japan.
And lucky me,

when I went, they were handing out free new flavoured krispy kremes!

The conveyor belt of melting donuts. 

Despite the fact I got one flavour for free I decided to get this cookies and creme flavour.
I guess it was too sweet for me. 
And I noticed I didn't really like donut that much.
I don't know why Japanese ppl who are usually not used to sweet things like this would enjoy this donut.



--------


One thing I noticed about Japan, is that Japan has a distinctive smell.
And this distinctive smell comes from smoke.

Don't know if ppl in Canada smoke more or not but I feel that because smoking is relatively more free in Japan (you can still smoke indoors in some places like restaurants and coffee shop) and you can smell the scent of cigarettes everywhere. 

And this is a shop I found in shibuya.

It's like a place where people can go in for free and smoke cigarettes indoor.

All you need to do is show ur id and you can go inside. They have magazines and ash trays ready for you.

It's sponsored by the Japanese Tabacco company and has ads all over the cafe.

They also give you free samples to try.
Obviously I didn't have one but I just went in and checked out what it was like inside :)

The signage outside of the place!

Cool!


----------


Shotengai

is a bunch of restaurant and shops all connected together and has a huge roof on top of the street.
These type of shops called Shotengai exists almost everywhere in Japan.

I have one close shotengai near my house and went around and looked at the area. 


Shotengai stuff are relatively cheaper than the things u buy at department stores. 



----------


Shabu shabu

is one of my favourite food to eat in Japan because you really can't do it outside of Japan.
(The meat is not fresh enough or the meat is not thin enough is usually the problem)
It's not hot pot because you don't simmer the meat in the soup base for that long.


So I went to an all you can eat shabu shabu place.
The price was aprox. $18.

You can order if you want beef or pork. Beef is a little bit expensive so my friend and I decided to choose the pork set.

You can eat as many veggies and meat and noodles as you want!

Salad-

You can also have curry.

And there are dumplings and sausages and even patty ish meat thing you can make it yourself.

And the thing in the middle seperates the two soup base.

My dessert!


---------

I went out one night to take some pictures.



There's a really nice big park just 15min away from my train station by train. 
I really need to go there in the day time one day.

---

That's all the cool places ive been to in the past few days folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment