2.05.2012

Hatsumoude: First shrine visit of the year!


Hatsumoude is a Japanese tradition where people visit the shrines in New Years.
It's usually done to make a new years wish and to buy these little bags with papers in it (called omamori) to have a great rest of the year.

This year I went to hatsumoude in Osaka as well but also went with my zemi friends!


We went to Kamakura this time which is just a little west from Tokyo. 
Even though a week has past since the new years, there were still many people at the shrine.

People write their wish on these boards and put it up.
This is called an ema.

We also wrote one as well with everyone's name on it!

The shrine, the drums, the ema, and the people.




They also have little booths like this that sells food. This one is for mini potatoes!


We then walked around the Kamakura city to eat lunch.
Ended up not eating anything here but just walking around and looking at the very energetic city.

Apparently beautiful cherry blossoms bloom here in the spring.

We then visited the hugge daibutsu. 

Some old men wanted us to take pictures of them :)

Look at this very curly hair.



This Daibutsu has wings!
(You can climb inside this daibutsu and look out this window)


They also have very cute trains that looks like this that takes u around the city.

I bought this purple sweet potato and maccha green tea ice cream!

My friends also bought some ice cream and sweet potato fried croquette as well. 

This is my omurice I ate for lunch.

It was a very lovely mini trip from Tokyo to Kamakura.
It's only like an hour away and u get to experience the very japanese scenery.

6 comments:

  1. OMG I love all the sceneries! :D<3

    And is omamori the charm thing from temples that I'm talking about? I keep forgetting what its called. hahaha.

    The ice cream, croquette, and omurice all make me drool! WAAAA! MUST.TASTE.THOSE.STUFF!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. 鎌倉行くならオススメあったのにーい
    あったかくなったら一緒に行こうね

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> Patrisha.

    Yeah- Omamori is the charm you can buy at the temples!
    I think food that they sell at these festival and in the country side is the best. It's really tasty. I wish i can ship all of these things to Canada :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. >> Maika
    そうなん〜今度一緒にいこう!
    桜の時期なんてどう?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY WISH YOU CAN SHIP THEM HERE TOO! That'd be REALLY AWESOME! XD

    ReplyDelete