2.18.2012

Zemi, Eating, Camera shopping


I am not in Tokyo, and I am not in Osaka right now!
I am in Fukuoka which is a wee bit south of Osaka (9hours south by bus), travelling with my roommate.
Will write about the travels once I get back but let's first talk about the ice cream picture above.

I got to eat haagen dazs strawberry flavour!
I don't usually eat strawberry flavoured things but when it comes to ice cream I looove it.

I also got to eat this on the same day.


The special edition called "Opera"

It had a tiramisu type of flavour and was in layers.

So why did I get to eat some expensive ice cream I would usually never eat?

It's because we were at my prof's party room helping out one of the master student's thesis.



Well actually, I was just there to eat and talk and read manga because I had nothing else to do at home.
But it was really great seeing everyone in the zemi helping out their peers.
I really wanted to help but couldn't do much so I just sat around and looked at everyone working hard.

I'm not so sure if this is safe.

It's almost morning!



Ohayo! (Good morning in Japanese)





We later went to a family restaurant to eat breakfast.

All you can drink tea!


-------

And this has nothing to do with zemi but I went out with few of my friends the day after that ↑
to a vietnamese restaurant in shinjuku.

Weird standing menu.


How to eat this thing.

This is like a hugge omelet that you wrap with green leaves.

The omelet has veggies inside.

So good!

And I missed pho too much! It was kind of different from the ones in Toronto but good enough!

A night out in shinjuku!


--------

I went out shopping recently to go buy some camera goods.

My main focus was buying the "fixed focal length lens" which is a camera lens where u can't zoom but takes great pictures in the dark and you can take pictures with fuzzy background (wow my explanation of this lens sounds so ridiculous).

But anyway all I can find was expensive lens that was out of my budget range.

So I asked the camera shop to stock up some more reasonable lens that I wanted into their shop.
(They order from other lens shop and I can go check it out once they have it in stock)


And three days later, I got a call and went to go pick it up!

Wahh~ my AF Nikon 50mm F/1.8! The price was 8800 yen which is around 100 bucks.

It's a little old and used but good enough for me to take nice pictures!

----

Also since my friend and I who helped me get this camera lens were in shibuya we walked around and took a look at few stores.
Above is Tokyu Hands. It's one of the greatest shopping place in Japan, where you can really buy anything!
From suitcases to valentine chocolates and even paints and bikes.
The stores has anything you are looking for.

This is a radio station in shibuya.


Cheesecake with no animal fat which means its cheesecake made form vegetable oil.
Wait.. is this even cheese? lol

Food at the hamburger patty shop.

Wah! So much meeeaaaat.

My meat! They ask us to put the paper towel in front of us until the pan cools or else the oil will splatter lol

My gyudon I ate one day after clubbing hoho.


How many blog posts can u find that ends with a food pictures? :D






2 comments:

  1. レンズゲットできて、またいい写真がたくさん撮れるね。

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>スヌコ
    ありがとうございます!もうこのレンズをゲットしてから手放せなくなりました〜
    これからも沢山撮りますね!

    ReplyDelete