2.09.2012

Start of the year means "Hey nice to see you again this year!" parties


Above is a picture of an egg roll I had at the
"Yee-ha- It's start of the year. Let's hang out this year as well. Yoroshiku!" party
with my zemi people.

We ate and drank and talked. 
This is a culture in Japan called "Shinenkai" where people get together at the start of the year to celebrate. 


Fried garlic chives and bean sprout.

Before: Hot pot

After: Hot pot

Thick Fries!


---------

I also had a "Shinenkai" with another group of people later on the month.
This was with the volunteer members for the earthquake relief.


Korean Food!




JapChae

Jeon

Korean Hot Pot

---------

And along with these parties in January, 
I was dying with school work and some zemi things.

In my zemi, as the last event we did marketing cases 
(problem solving using marketing knowledge and competing with other groups to who has the best idea).

I didn't take many pictures of us working but I took many pictures of the food that we ate in between the meetings with my case group.

Fried rice with meat!

Snacks we ate!

The whiteboard with our ideas.

Corn soup (not so good) at Gusto (Japanese family restaurant)

Hamburger (not so good)

The besssst snack ever! This is called jagalico which is like hard chips but in a stick form.
Tarako flavour!

And after sleepless nights and the case presentation 
we went to celebrate again. 

Beer- Good cold chilled beer.

Salad with chips

Some type of meat (I totally don't remember)

Mackerel sashimi

Fries with Japanese dried tuna shavings and butter!

Fried chicken

And this is Horse meat Sashimi!
I always wanted to try it.
It was normal. Not amazing, not horrible. Enjoyed it though.


Korean toppogi chige (soup).


This is my drink of frozen apricot and alcohol.

Green tea dessert.

Cheesecake dessert.

Sticky rice with ice cream and red bean paste.

Haha you think its too much food to just celebrate one presentation?
I think so :D 

-----

I also went to school several time to do some school work from time to time.
And I am at school until very late which of course means I will eat out.

Sorry for the half eaten food. I kind of forgot to take a picture before I started eating.
At Tokyo Chubo approx. $9

My first ever canned coffee. The canned coffee market in Japan is very big.


People scan notes and sells and trades them for the test. 

Not a very common scene in western universities.

-------

And as for me I had some projects and studying as well in Jan and I went to my friends house to eat  study.

Hot pot! Tasty. One of my favs.

This is one of the print project I did.

Rice balls.

Ah- the morning light is so beautiful after working hard on ur projects!

2 comments:

  1. Yo! Always like looking at your food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Jooooooy
    Thanks! :D Hehe although I didn't make any of this.

    ReplyDelete