2.27.2012

Valentines in Japan : Ginza, Imperial Palace, and Pork Cutlet.


I went to Ginza one day in Feb. to check off few things off from my to do list and to meet some of my awesome friends I made in Tokyo.

I first met up with one friend who I share the same hobby with.

She suggested to eat at the Imperial Hotel which is one of the most famous hotels in this area.



Before I met up with her I decided to walk around the hotel for a bit to take some pictures.


And then we met up at this diner

I chose curry for lunch. 


Pork curry~

And then we had some coffee (Japanese coffee is verrrry bitter compared to the ones in canada)

And this hotel is famous for pancakes so I decided to order a pancake dessert with banana fillings.
Ended staying at this cafe for several hours just talking about our hobbies.

I then walked around Ginza for my second time.

It was also right before valentine's day.
During and before Valentine's day,
in almost every basement floors in department stores in Japan will have these displays for the chocolates.

In Japan girls gives guys chocolates.
And on 3/11 guys give back a present for saying thanks to the girls who gave them chocolates.
(They usually say guys have to give the girls back something two or three times the price of the chocolate haha)




Displays.



Walked around Ginza which is like a 5th avenue in NY




Trendy coffee maker.

This is a famous cookie? store. I always had these at home as gifts from others.

But I never knew it was this popular that people actually lined up for it.



Even the police office in ginza looks fancy.

--------


Then from the Ginza area before I met up with another set of friends I walked towards the imperial palace.


Because it was a weekday at a weird time there were hardly anyone there other than foreign tourists.



And the space around the palace was used more as a jogging place.






We couldn't go inside any further.







--------

I then started walking more towards the government buildings area.






This is the national diet building where the prime minister and various parties come together to discuss.



Ministry of foreign affairs building.

I then visited the hibiya park.




Old old shoes I should buy a new pair.












Never seen a flower shop with such high ceilings. 

Cat on the branch. 


Meow. This cat was here for 30 min.






The trees are still lit up!


Homeless man watching the snoopy show.


I also went to a Japanese Abercombie and Fitch for the first time.
They speak to you in english like "Hey, What's up!" but once you start talking to them in english they kind of shutup and bring a foreign person to talk to you.
Awkward to the max. 
And there are too many stairs.

I always visit the Yamaha building for my dad.


Had a cup of ginger coffee latte thingy.


-------



I then met up with a friend who showed me around the "back" of Ginza. 



There are mini temples/shrines in these ghetto alleyways. 

This is a inari shrine.

There were tofu for the gods in the shrine.




My friend also told me there is a little convenience store just for one of these alleyway.



Hot spring.

Green onion store.

-------


And this is the main focus of the day.
Eating at this pork cutlet store called Bairin! (梅林)
This is a very traditional store that has been selling pork cutlet for a long time.

Menu. 

Menu prices range from $18-$40 

This is fried shrimp.

It also comes with rice and soup.


And this is the pork cutlet I ate.

It was soooooo juicy and thick.
You can only eat pork schnitzel in Canada so eating at a such a nice pork cutlet store in Japan was my dream. Thank you to everyone who helped me get to this place.
Probably one of the best meals I had in Japan so far! 

2 comments:

  1. この赤い花は何だろ?
    写真の腕あげてるねえ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>ままん
    なんやろね。
    ありがとん

    ReplyDelete