9.20.2011

Expedition to Asakusa, Zojo-ji and Pokemon Centre

I went to Asakusa!
The place where all tourists goes.

It was my second time at Asakusa but compared to 7 years ago the place looks a lot more smaller but still very very beautiful.


 This is called a saisen bako where people throw in money to ask for god for something.
e.g. good luck, good health, getting a boy friend.. haha etc.


 Wonderful design.
 My friend and Asakusa!

 People waft their head (sometimes their whole body) under the smoke to become smarter.





  

 
 

 Ice cold beer would have been great with hot hot temperature! (32 degrees)



 
Asakusa street by night. 

 HUUUGE shaved Ice with condensed milk and strawberry!



Rice Crackers.   

 Spinning washroom doors.


 Everything is automatic!

 Big shit-looking monument near asakusa.

 I also went to this temple near Tokyo Tower.



The incense.






 People wash their hands before entering the temples to cleanse themselves.





I also did some omikuji which is like a fortune telling paper you can buy at temples.

You first pay 100 yen into this little slot. 
A lot of the paying systems in Japan is based on trust.

You then shake this metal box which will have a stick in it with a number.


You then look for the same numbered box and take out a paper.

Tuduh! And this is mine :D I will have a good fortune for rest of the year!! 

Some cute rabbit wood things.


 And actually before visiting the traditional side of Japan we also went to Pokemon Centre!

It was not as exciting as it would have been when I was actually in to playing Pokemon but looking at the screaming kids I got to revisit my childhood. I totally did not recognize more than half of these Pokemon though..


Why would they put the english pokemon logo in the front of their store?


My favourite Pokemon!
Maybe I should start playing again...  

2 comments:

  1. どれも写真が上手に撮れてるね。構図もいいし・・・
    いい感じ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>ままん

    そうでしょ!お褒めの言葉ありがとうございます。

    ReplyDelete