9.21.2011

Tokyo Game Show 2011

I went to Tokyo Game Show 2011.
My roommate invited me to go with her since it's an once in a year event.
I've been to Jump Festival at Makuhari Messe but never go to go to a Game Show so I didn't know what to expect but I jumped on the train and after two hour ride to Chiba Prefecture I have arrived.

Three words describing this event:

Hot
Guys
Crowded

No, the place was not filled with "hot" guys.

It was a bunch of guys (I rather not describe them) and occasional girls who are in their cosplay stuffed into the stadium. 
My friend said she bumped into this one guy and his arm was wet..like wet from sweat! 

Buttt

ignoring these factors I really enjoyed the mood and the games. I love how each company has their own way of displaying. I wish I knew more about what was going on because I've noticed that I am more of a comic/manga type of person and didn't know what the hype was in the gaming world.

Overall it was an interesting experience and would recommend it to anyone who was ever into playing The Legend of Zelda on N64 to someone who currently still plays Call of Duty on their ps3.

Tokyo Game Show Billboard. That day the temperature was 32 Degrees.

Interesting parent and child. 

Ticket. The original price was 1200yen but because 
I am a foreign exchange student I got in for half price! ($7)

Panels

Street Fighter x Tekken display

Hot girls holding game stuff.

Me taking a picture of the guys taking pictures of the hot girls.

Cosplay. Some were good. Some were nah-

 Playing Soul Calibur 5!

 Saw 千原ジュニア&河本in LIVE!! I probably got most excited here!!

Toriyama Akira's slime. slime slime. Dragon Quest is everyone's favourite.

And when going out of the stadium we passed by this wall full of msg to Japan for the earthquake.

So I decided to draw one as well. Fail drawing of a Canadian girl.

Ganbare Japan! Game really is a treasure of Japanese sub-culture. 
I really hope for the best for everyone in Touhoku as well. 

Below are also the two vidoes I took. 
First one I'm trying to get the mood of the place but it got little bit crazy because I was spinning around

and

2nd video is a lil concert they had and Otaku (geeks) holding on to their pen light and chanting!
Crazy! but Cool!!

 


2 comments:

  1. 楽しいそう~!行ってみたいかも~!w

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>えみ
    行ってみて②
    楽しかったよ!一回はいくべし

    ReplyDelete