9.28.2011

New Food: Monjya Yaki

So I went to Yokohama right after my 6pm class to visit three of my York Uni Japanese friends who coincidentally is all in Tokyo right now.

We ate this food called Monjya-yaki.
It was my first time trying this food because Monjya-yaki does not exist in Osaka (where I am from) because we have something else called Okonomi-yaki.
 
My comment towards this food is
  1. It's good. Like out of 10 I will rate it 7.
  2. It does not make me full. You need to eat like 3 of this to be full.
  3. It looks like barf
But anyway I would like to explain the process of making this Monjya.


 You first get this batter for the monjya and you dont mix it.
And put only the vegetables and meat on the hot table you use to cook this pancake thing.

Btw this is for okonomiyaki.

 You then mix around the vegetables and meat with ur spatula.

 Close up of the veggies and meat.

 You then pour in the batter and ure finished!!
And you have this barf looking thing and ure done !?... really.. 
I was really surprised when my friend told me this is it.
Because it really looks like someone just pu...

As you can see the okonomiyaki on the left looks hmm much more tastier.

But it was good!! I really liked it when I ate it.
Ppl who come by tokyo should try monjya yaki one time. It really is a fun way to eat with your friends.

Nice cold drink of Calpis 

Yokohama Station 

The bridge near yokohama station. 

7 comments:

  1. Food that looks the same going in and coming out...(didn't mean to offend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>Joy

    Haha well said Joy!! Exactly what I was thinking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ひょっとして横浜でもんじゃ食べたの?もんじゃは月島へ行かないと!次回は私が連れて行ってあげよう!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>スヌコ
    それあとから聞きました〜〜
    ぜひ連れてってください!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaa~ I love Calpis! XD
    I wanna try both monjya- and okonomi-yaki!
    Is there anyway we can cook them here when you come back? or is there a resto here that we can eat them?

    P.S. I'm too lazy to use my lj name. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. >>Patrisha
    I think there are places that sell okonomiyaki but not monjya.
    We can make it my house!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll definitely make it when you come back! XD

    ReplyDelete