9.27.2011

Picking my courses

So picking courses has been an awful time.
I ended up from deciding to take 7 courses to 13 now.
It sounds like a lot compared to the 5 courses I take at York but each class is only 1hour and a half.

But although saying that 13 is quite a lot with all the homework and tests.

The reason why I have added few courses to torture myself is because I wanted to be part of  a "Zemi".

Zemi is a

seminar of around 10 students studying/researching an area of their major the professor is particularly interested in. So in the business faculty you can take zemi on corporate finance or strategic management for example, and in the faculty of law you can take zemi on family law or french law and so on. These seminars usually begin in your third year of college and finish when you graduate. This means that if you pick a crappy zemi (translation: crappy professor), you’re not going to have a good time at all.  (Taken from http://ezzgoestojapan.wordpress.com/ because I'm so lazy to explain myself)

Long story short I can study tons about marketing/advertising/design, make lifetime friends, and live the normal life of a Japanese student. People say the friends u make in ur zemi is someone who u contact even after u graduate because you spend so much time with them doing research, presentation, and just purely having fun.

I am REALLY REALLY looking forward in the experience I am going to have at the zemi.
(Thank you for the prof who offered me to join his Zemi)

Let's post-pone my job searcing for now (altough I did find one place I would real like to go).
And work hard at my zemi and this club I am joining (I will write about this maybe sometime later :D)

4 comments:

  1. せっかくのチャンスだもんね!ゼミ。
    1年で何かを深めてみるにはいいチャンスだよね~!
    がんばって~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know when I said maybe take more classes...I didn't mean you needed to like double your amount ;P lol The zemi sounds good though ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>くめ子
    ありがとう!!明日の企業訪問頑張ってみます〜〜!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Lauren
    Ahaha but no. I really though I have the need to take more courses. No I am not trying to kill myself. I will post more about the zemi!

    ReplyDelete