9.10.2011

Expedition to Harajuku


So I have passed by Harajuku around 9 years ago.
But at the time I had no interest in fashion and don't remember a thing about this place.

But this time I went inside almost all stores at
Takeshita Dori at Harajuku.

Harajuku is a fashion district in Japan where people where very "unique clothes"

I visited a Lolita shop and some idol shop with lots of pictures of celebrities. Lots and lots of creepy men and creepy girls (including myself) in the store.
I was going to take a picture of inside the store but if I did I will apparently be reported to the police. (Weird when these photos are already illegal photos ripped from magazines and such)


 Awesome washroom! (Maybe I should make a washroom tag)

And at last Arashi advertisements! I don't care if ppl look at me weirdly. :D
人目なんて気にしない~何枚かパシャパシャ撮りました。

Also one thing about walking in Harajuku. 
I some how felt more comfortable walking with my shorts shorts and tanktop in Harajuku more than walking in Hiyoshi (the area where I live in). I feel that japanese people other than those crazy ones in the city dress practically the SAME.
And ppl who don't fit in the category gets stared upon. I obviously don't dress Japanese enough to fit in. And I didn't see a single person wearing a tank top and walking outside when the temperature was hell hot 32 degrees. 
This country is weird in many ways...

4 comments:

  1. waaaahhh!!!! ARASHI ADDDD!!!! XDDDDDD
    RIP IT DOWN FOR ME AND SHIP IT OVER! ahhahaha. スゴい!

    i actually......snuck some camera shots in those idol stores. ^^;
    but it was while walking down the stairs - not actually inside the stores. *cough*

    but omg, i LOVE harajuku's takeshita dori. T_____T so much lovely boy clothes i wanted to get but was too cheap to get. 私は日本に来る時、一緒にそこで買い物しようよ!!

    (and yes, you should totally make a tag for washrooms.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Jennnn

    Haha wow you have some courage! I was too wimpy to do anything.

    Clothes there were pretty cheap though! I might want to go again when I actually figure out what clothes I need :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see anime cosplayers? =P

    I went there with some friends on a Sunday to see the cosplay but they didn't show up that day =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Tiffany

    No- I dont think I saw any cosplayers. Butt alot of people wore clothes that looked like cosplay because of their makeup and such!

    I will go again to see :D

    ReplyDelete