9.24.2011

The past few days

So for the past few days I have been doing/going to

  1. Welcome Parties
  2. Class
  3. Sleeping
  4. Shopping
  5. Cleaning my room
1. So there are buncch of welcome parties for us foreigners to get to know some of the other exchange student and the Resident assistants and japanese students interested in foreign ppl. Its usually all you can drink but I have been good at controlling myself :D

Shimoda Welcome Party

Potluck Party at Hiyoshi International House

Bingo at the party
2. I also went to my first class this Thursday. Actually some school starts in October and we are one of the faster ones to start out of the other Japanese universities. 

The three class I took sounds like a breeze... I hope I will be learning a lot though and just the work load is kind of light. Will update more about this on another post.



3. Sleeping
So there was a typhoon that hit Tokyo two days ago and I was told by my whole family tree (Seriously cousins, aunts, grandparents, everyone) to not step out of my apartment. So I didn't and I'm glad because I saw dead birds, leaves, branches everywhere the next day. And some ppl couldn't go home because trains has stopped.

So what I decided to do for the whole day was read my new manga series I bought "Buddha" by Tezuka Osamu and sleep.



4. Shopping for food. Almost everyday I go shopping for cheap food.
But like everything in Japan, Japanese vegetables are really really expensive. For example two tomatoes for 3 bucks. Small small lettuce for $2. And some of the vegetables may be priced the same but the portion is very small.
I really feel like I am going to survive off bean sprouts, cabbage, and mushrooms for the whole year.
My girls shopping for food.

5.Cleaning my room.
I clean and clean but my room is like a war zone everyday.


2 comments:

  1. なんか留学生年齢層高くない?

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>くめ子
    外国人だからそう見えるだけよ〜
    みんな20〜25ぐらい?

    ReplyDelete