10.20.2011

Harajuku and Shibuya

So its been a month and a half since I came to Japan.
And all I've visited is Harajuku and Shibuya.
I really haven't gone to other places yet because a lot of my friends likes to meet up there.
But its good! It's a small area but there is soo much to do and I've went to Harajuku twice this week and got a lot done!

--

On sunday I went out with my exchange friends to go halloween shopping.
Halloween isn't a big event like it is in Canada but we decided to go to a club on the 29th to celebrate it.

We went into a shop called BODY LINE which is located on takeshita dori at Harajuku to buy our costume.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/bodyline/

As you can see (if you click on the link) not everything looks like halloween costume because most of these clothes are worn in regular terms (i.e. the victorian themed dress, maid costumes. aka Lolita clothes) and for cosplay purposes (ppl trying to dress up as anime characters).

And out of these I chose.... ;) This will be updated when the time comes. hohoho


----

And now today I went to Harajuku and Shibuya again to meet a friend who I met volunteering as a translator this year at Anime North.

We talked for 8 hours and did holy lots of things.
Talked , ate at a buffet, watched a movie, shopped, and sang karaoke.

Funfunfun but not so much fun for my wallet.
But why did I work so hard in the summer time?!
It's for myself to get the most out of my exchange. So no regrets!! (I'm trying to convince myself)

Cake buffet. There was every type of cake you can think of!
This restaurant was located at the end of takeshitadori on 3rd floor.
The price was $16.


The other food were pretty good as well.

We passed by this park when walking towards shibuya from harajuku.

Very shiny cars.

The mood is Halloween! A lot of the places were decorated.

My first time in 109. Pretty small. I thought it was a lot bigger.

View from the bottom.

Then we spontaneously chose to watch a movie.
DogxPolice read my previous post for comment.

And then we moved to Karaoke.
This place was realll fancy. Nice interior decor.

Wall of the karaoke room.

I ended up standing and singing at the end.
Fun times T-chan :) Let's hang out again!!

Below is the video I took at the scramble intersection at Shibuya.
The time was 6:30pm.

7 comments:

  1. shibuya 109!!! T___T and i see gyaru in ur vid :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>cyhurein

    Haha I know u miss it a lot!!
    I didn't do any shopping in side 109 but it was fun walking around.
    Gyarus are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (wtf I wrote a comment and Google said I don't have access! So I'm rewriting again)

    BODYLINE! I knew that from my lolita days haha. They make shit loli clothes though and it's looked down upon in the community. (loli clothes aren't costumes, justttt sayinnnng)
    I wonder what you end up buying.. please surprise us with a sexy costume LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. >> Candice

    Really? Well yeah everything was incredibly cheapp. So I doubt all of them has good quality! I will post some pictures later :d

    ReplyDelete
  5. spent all day times to follow ur post and 've decided to become ur note's fan (^∇^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DUUUUUUUUUUDE. RAKUTEN BODYLINE STUFF IS MECHA YASUI!
    cosplay wigs for 999 yen?! T______T snap!
    (but everything in shibuya 109 is way expensive.)

    and i passed by that park between harajuku and shibuya when i went a few years ago. :D isn't that like yoyogi park or something? i went to the tegomasu concert at yoyogi stadium after my sanpo through the park. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. >> Jen Leeeeeeee
    it is mecha yasui!!If I am going to ever cosplay I will come here haha.

    and whattt u went to a tegomasu concert? soo luckkyy. yup yoyogi stadium is close by!

    ReplyDelete