10.04.2011

My Zemi Experience (Mostly food pictures...)


So I have officially joined this studying group called a Zemi (I talked about it few posts back).
And I've already went to two sessions for this zemi.

My first ever experience in participating in a Zemi session was this so called "Company Visting" which doesn't happen quite often.
What we exactly did at this "company visiting" was
1) The marketing department of this famous company and the Zemi met up at this very aesthetically pleasing building.
2) Then some of the students from the zemi did a presentation based on a given case that was handed out before hand. The presentation was pretty good and I was amazed by the quality knowing the limited given amount of time they had to work on this project.
3) We then received free samples of their new products (yogurt) and some cellphone strap.
4) There were some mingling time at the end of the session for some ppl who are thinking of entering that company.

Overall it was really interesting because I've never been in a Japanese business atmosphere before. Where in my opinion was much more proper and organized then the ones in Canada. Little bit too structured in my opinion but it was a great experience.
I am also really glad I brought my suit to Japan.

After this company session I go to join the  Zemi members for Uchiage (打ち上げ) which is the name japanese ppl call for "Yayy were finished let's partyyy!!" type of dinner.
We went to a hotpot place and had beer and food. I also had to do a little introduction but everyone seemed really nice so I wasn't too nervous in doing it. (There are around 40 students in this zemi)

 
This is a building called Shibaura House.

Interesting magazines on the table.

This shibaura house can be used by local artists, business people,
activists for events and as a workspace.

Free yogurt. Yeayy

The yogurt itself had no taste (actually a lot of japanese yogurt are like that) so honey is attached on the top so the consumers can make the choice.

This is the hotpot we had after the meeting.

 Beer. They call draft beer as "Raw"beer.


Rice porridge with the leftover soup.
 Just pour in the mixed eggs and rice and ure finished :D





And after the second session (which was yesterday) I got to go to a Zyoshi-kai (女子会) which is a all girls gathering/chit-chatting about anything and drinking (Yes Japanese have names for everything.. lol). I have gone out with my friends and ate before in Canada but I've never really went out to drink with only girls so it was a lot of fun. Also the food was really good. The bar style restaurant called Izakaya is everywhere in Japan and that's what we ate last night as well. (Some of my Canadian friends should know if you have ever been to Izakaya Guu on Church Street).


Raw beer again.
 Marinated konjac. It is "arge starchy corms, used to create a flour and jelly of the same name. It is also used as a vegan substitute for gelatin." taken from wiki. I really enjoy eating konjac.
 Grilled ox tongue with green onions.

 Different parts of meat on a stick grilled. My favourite type of izakaya food.

Fried Nankotsu (gristle)

Hokke (Atka mackerel)

Potatoes and sausages.

Shio-Yakisoba. Salt fried noodles.

Man~ everything was so tasty >< b.
It was also one of the members birthday.
!Happy Birthday! 




2 comments:

  1. Hi this is Kohei speaking. Very Very Welcome to our Zemi, we're really glad you happend to find and joined us!! よろしくね:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Kohei

    Hello Kohei! Thank you for the comment :D I'm really happy that everyone is sooo nice!!

    これからもヨロシクです><

    ReplyDelete