10.11.2011

Japanese Baseball Game is intense

So on October 9, I went to a Japanese Pro League Baseball Game.

My friend from Hiroshima took me to a
Hiroshima Carp vs. Tokyo Yakult Swallows game.

My first comment towards Japanese game is

EVERYONE IS SOO INTENSEE.

I've been to quite a few MLB games in Toronto and I was just at a Boston vs. Yankees Game in August but I've never seen such unison between people who've never met before.

Please keep in mind that Japanese people are also very reserved and keeps a lot to themselves. But this baseball game definitely defy the common knowledge on Japanese people's personality.

My friend lined up from 3pm to watch the baseball game that starts at 6pm.
Thank you so much M! I joined in at 4pm.


All of the seats behind this staff is 1500yen $17. 
But even the front row seats are only around $25. 
Baseball is a very popular sports in Japan and the affordable prices and such makes it really easy for anyone to go watch.

My Uniform for the day.

You use these things during the game to make some noise.
These are some of the videos I took!!



I first had a lot of difficulty trying to get the beat right but by the end I totally blended in!


Celebration with my neighbours after some player stepped on the home base.








This is the chant the Swallows had. They sing with their mini umbrellas. Funny but cool!

Food shops

Me eating my own spaghetti to save some money.



Seriously everyone is wearing red. It's more weird to not wear a uniform here.

Practice.



Swallows.



This is before the game.

My friend really is an intense fan. Actually everyone there is. 
They even have a book of players! 

Checking up on the next batter up.

2 comments:

  1. wwww思わず読みながら吹いてしまったwww
    楽しめたみたいで良かった。そしていい感じにカルチャーショックをうけてもらえたようでなんか満足(笑)チャンスがあれば阪神とかも見てみたらいいよ~。絶対INTENSEだよ。

    なにはともあれ、ようこそ!赤ヘル軍団へ。

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>くめ子
    wwwいやねこれが一番だよ今んとこ(カルチャーショック的に)

    赤ヘル軍団入部許可おりましたか?
    昨日も野球のニュースを見てしまいました。

    ReplyDelete