11.27.2011

Food Food Foood #3


Welcome to my Food Blog!
Just kidding. Well I've noticed I usually only take pictures of food when I go out now.
Someone even asked me if I've taken a picture of every single food I ate in Japan.
No, obviously not. Well... actually maybe all the food I ate outside. Just maybe.

Below is some of the fatty fatty things this country offers that I ate in the past few weeks. Enjoy!

------
Tsukemen.
つけ麺. Tsuke means "dip" and Men means "noodles"
So how u eat it is like u dip ur noodles into the soup.
The soup broth is usually fish. Very tasty! But it cools down too fast (I think)


Noodles
  
Thick Soup.

Dip dip eat! $8

-----------------------------


Conbini (Convenience Store) sweets.
Japanese desserts in these conbini is justt excellent!
It's usually very high quality and very affordable. I am totally addicted.

A man's sweets is the title of this dessert.
This is a cream puff with chocolate crusting with more melting chocolate on top of it.
VERRY GOOD. 
but I had cream all over my face because this thing exploded when I took a bite into it. Boo-

Yuummers  It was like $3.




Fruity Salad juice I had with my cream puff. Good! 88yen=$1 


------------------------


Another tsukemen pictures.
This tsukemen can be eaten near my school at Keio in Mita.
This one was a lot more thick and I had the spicy one. YUMMY


aprox $8.

 
---------------------



I also went to go eat some Nepal food with my marketing competition members.
This restaurant is located in Hiyoshi and it really reminds me of the indian restaurants in Canada.

Inside of the store.

Mix of nepal and japan.

Banana Lassi. ah~

Salad!

Huggge nan. And tandori chicken, beef curry and veggie curry.
This was a dinner set and it was around $17.


---------------


While we were preparing for mita fest, my zemi ppl and I went and bought some dessert in the neighborhood.


Cute chirtsmas snacks ♥

Cake cake cake. Can't decide!!! 

The inside was totally decorated.

They also gave us some new cakes to try!


And ah- our cake. Each cake is like $6.

I had pumpkin mousse sponge cake.
heaven♪

--------------

This is a cheap cheap dinner ($4) from this place called Gusto.
They have cheaaap foood(2nd time). The taste? Mhm normal but the volume is great!

ハンバーグセット: Meat Patty set.

------------------


School food in Hiyoshi. $4?
Also very cheap


----------

Another Conbini sweets.
This time its tiramisu. It's not a ordinary triamisu though! It has a pudding filling.
And some of u guys know but I love pudding. Custrd pudding to be exact.
This one is like $3


 Okay I kind of tipped it over in my shopping bag.

Good~


---------------

After my dance performance my friends and I walked around shibuya to look for food.



Here is what we found but obviously chocolates for dinner is not enough.

So I bought this cheese potato bacon bread thing at a bakery. 
I am telling u Japanese bakery is awesome. 
I have to take a picture of a japanese bakery one day and upload it!
$4

---------

Next next is food I ate at this restaurant called
"American" in shibuya. Is it american? I'm not so sure but the food was good normal.
haha nothing much to say about this place.



-----------

Japanese chocolate is amazing.
I just may think like this because the packaging is just so good here.
Below is some of the chocolate I ate at karaoke last time.

 aprox $1.5

Aprox $1.5


---------------------

!YOSHINOYA!
One of the ultimate Japanese fast food.
It's fast. (Like 2 min) and its dirt cheap.
So u go in first. Sit on the chair near the counter. Order and it comes literally in few minutes.


Inside of the store.

280 yen!? That's like $4 for a beef bowl. wow

cheap-

And this is my dinner. Full after one bowl.
-----

This is a pork bowl
at another place called man.. i forgot lol but it's like yoshinoya.


-----------
Yukimi daifuku
is icecream covered in sticky rice mochi.
My all time fav icecream in japan.
And they released strawberry flavour!
I had to buy it. 
It's good. 
I'm telling u.



Two for $1.5!
---------

Below are some of the food I made at home.

Grilled sanma!(sardine) It's the season right now.



And this is a squid I bought.
I made squid sashimi, squid pasta, squid fries with one squid.
How useful is this thing.


-------


First Mcddies in Japan.

100yen ($1.50)

Cheap, its okay. It's the same in every country lol


-------------
Ice cream vending machine!
Look at how many flavours they have.
It took me a good 10 min to decide which one.
I ended up getting the chestnut maron flavour.
Limited time!<- I totally choose stuff that has this on their package.


Peel the thing around.

And tuduh- icecream! Price is like $2
------


Lastly is this pumpkin pie my zemi senpai (ppl who are older then me) made for everyone.
AWESOME. SO TATSY!!
I will have to learn how to make this thing.


Thank you!



Soooo thanks for reading this very long post.
You think I wouldve gained a lot of weight after all of this right?
No! Surprise surprise I lost 16 pounds.
Wow why. I have no clue!
 

6 comments:

  1. Gahh!! You're making me hungry. Send some over to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Jenny
    I'm hungry just writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food shots are making me hungry. The yukimi daifuku looks good. Will try it when I go to Nagoya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >> beck-49
    Please do try! Try the normal one as well. If u like mochi, u will love this icecream <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. christine Wang11/30/2011 9:37 pm

    YOU LOST 16 POUNDS?!
    I'm so proud of you!!! congrats Rin!
    lol
    the food looks soooo good, I'm so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  6. >>Christine Wang
    Yess haha Thank you!
    I am proud of myself haha.

    :D I will cook u some!

    ReplyDelete