11.15.2011

Korean Restaurant and fun time with older friends


I went to a Korean Town callled "Shin-Ookubo" two weeks ago and had one of the tastiest food.
First of all the reason I got there is because I posted on twitter "I want to eat some hot food, does anyone have any suggestions?" And then my friend's friend, where we were only twitter friends retweeted my tweet and got an unexpected amount of replies. And then she organized a mini party where people who wanted join can go to dinner together.

So after school I went to the dinner party not knowing anyone except for two ppl.
But at the end of the dinner, I ended up talking way too much and I had a great time spending some time with the new older friends I made that day. (I was the youngest) 

Below are some of the pictures I took of korean town and the awesome korean food I ate that day.


This place is seriously a lloot bigger than the korean town we have in Canada.



The stores that was in this area were either food, korean idol, or beauty related.


Hangul everywhere.


This is the restaurant we ate at that day. We maybe waited in line for 40 min.


Cute dog outside of the restaurant waiting for the owner to finish.

And we are finally in! We ordered the white soup base and the red one as well.

And this is one of the biggest culture shock. An apron for eating.

This is a disposable apron supplied by the restaurant for our needs. How nice. So Japanese.     

Some toppogi.

Some chijimi.

The whole chijimi before it was cut.

And finally our main meal of the day gamjatang.
It's basically pork bone in soup with potatoes.

Looks pretty manly.

Some korean seaweed and something on the side. I forgot but it was tasstyy.

Inside the restaurant. Look at all the autographs!

My beer.

Some korean rice wine.
 
 
And to close off our dinner we had some ramen. 

Too full to eat everything. I was going to explode if I had anything else. 


And lastly I had some tangerine with alcohol and soda. It was damnnnn good.
Probably the best drink I have ever had. 

The place is called Souke Gamjattang. 
Visit! If you ever stop by this station http://r.tabelog.com/tokyo/A1304/A130401/13019796/

I had an amazing time eating the food but it was more fun talking to some people I would have never been able to talk to if I was in Canada. It's always great meeting new people who are more wise then you.  A lot of them also wanted to help me complete my to-do-list! Yay :D 
Stay tuned for that list to be completed as well.

4 comments:

  1. 新大久保・・・行ってみたすw。

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>くめ子
    たのしかったよ!
    今度二人で日本中旅行しようぜぃ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine Wang11/22/2011 6:28 am

    うまそうううう〜

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>Christine
    あそびにきて!

    ReplyDelete