11.01.2011

Yokohama Triennale

I am so sorry for the late posts!
(This is for all the readers out there, my mom and like 2 friends)

I don't even know where to start my blogpost ... because this week was hell busy.
Had something to do and to go almost every single day.

But hmm.. Chronological order should make things not so confusing.
I guess I should start off from last Sunday where I went to a contemporary art event called


It's an international exhibitions of contemporary art and it only happens once every three years.

More in details (Taken from somewhere else)
"Yokohama Triennale" is a international exhibitions of contemporary art. It has a diverse range of artworks—including videos, installations, photography, painting and sculpture.

While showcasing newly – released artworks of the cutting-edge contemporary art around the globe, the Yokohama Triennale also features many site-specific works highlighting the distinctive charms of the host city.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I rather stop talking about the event and show u some awesome work I got to take!
This is the entrance of the place where these creepy/cool/tim burton looking statues were placed.

Along the wall was a pattern of designs. 


This is how the Yokohama Museum looks like. This event took place at 3 different places.

Guess what this is.

Safety pins. 

Light bulb looking things hung from the ceiling.

This work is kind of creepy though because the bulbs light up when this kid somewhere around the world moves. But the kid apparently doesn't know he/she is being monitored.. 



They had Magritte 's paintings as well!

Reminds me of those rubber ball I used to make with elastic..
I've seen this painting before on internet. I really love it!

   

This is the second museum we went which is also part of the event.

Spoon in a pile of sand.


Tracing the death of a cat.

   
I love these very precise small type of ink work.
This picture almost even reminds me of the world of Hayao Miyazaki.
Clay Hippo
Can you see the words we made? Its right in the middle :D

A video constantly playing someone cutting veggies.


---------

We also walked around Yokohama a bit. 
(Yokohama by the way is in another "province/prefecture"from Tokyo. It's very close to where I live!)

Because it's not tokyo, they have relatively more land. Which makes things look less crowded. 
A very pretty city.






 


6 comments:

  1. wow this is super cool art exhibition ever!
    なんか異次元的なものを感じるね。こういう大規模なアートイベントに行ったことないけど、やっぱ日本すげーな。

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i read it too! (: it's so interesting hehe, glad you're experiencing so much XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>くめ子
    It is!! トロントにもこういうイベントあるから今度一緒に行こうね!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >> Viviann

    Yay! :D If u comment I know u read it!

    Thanks viv~~~. I need to talk with u on skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lightbulb thing is.....yea.....pretty creepy. but i love that outdoor cube patterned wall!!! XD

    and the FERRIS WHEEL. WAS THAT PALETTE TOWN!? :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. >> jen Leeeee

    The whole place was aesthetically designed very well. I think that is palette town? im not so sure lol

    ReplyDelete